Friday, May 29, 2009

Cowan's Greenough Inspired Diamond Tail!



1. Your Name:Jamie cowan

2. Your Brand name: cowan

3. How did you hear about us? Sacred craft

4. How was your initial experience at Foam E-Z? cool

5. Why did you want to build your own board? I have always liked to build cool stuff. I was a hefty 250 when I was looking for a board hard to find at 6’6", 3 inches thick or more. So I got a blank and went for it.

6. Shape of finished board? I made a template off an old Greenough kneeboard

7. Size of finished board: Length 6’6" Nose 15" Width 23" Tail 16"

8. What blank did you use? I think 6’10A fish blank

9. How was your board building experience? Rad, I did it without a planer just the David Plane and floor sanding paper

10. Did you use videos, books, web, other? web

11. What videos, books, web, other did you use? Surfersteve!

12. Do you recommend these resources? ya

13. What would you recommend to someone else for their first time? Lose your fear!

14. What tools did you find most useful? The lights are important to me.

15. Where did you run into trouble? The stands I made kept moving.

16. What kind of fin system did you use and why? Future

17. Did you glass the board and what was that experience like? No, I let Grygera and sons do the first one they gave me a great deal, and did a good job.

18. Where did you shape and glass your board? I shaped it in an empty warehouse.

19. What type of board do you want to make next? I have already done 5. I am going to glass my first board this weekend.

No comments: