Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Windigo Surfboards- Foam Glue Up!





1. Your Name: Barry Snyder

2. Your Brand name: Barry Snyder Designs/ Windigo Surfboards

3. How did you hear about us? I’ve known about you for years.

4. How was your initial experience at Foam E-Z? Great!

5. Why did you want to build your own board? It’s what I do.

6. Shape of finished board? Fun-Gun

7. Size of finished board: Length 9’2” Nose 14” Width 21 ½” Tail 13” Thickness 2-7/8”

8. What blank did you use? Bennett longboard Blank

9. How was your board building experience? Fun and lengthy

10. Did you use videos, books, web, other? No

11. What do you wish you knew going into this project? How hard it was to glue 18 pieces of foam together.

12. What would you recommend to someone else for their first time? Don’t try this at home! Just joking!


13. What tools did you find most useful? My rocker stick and templates.

14. Where did you run into trouble? Gluing perimeter foam and stringers.

15. What kind of fin system did you use and why? I made these Bonzer fins and used a Bahne 10.5" Fin Box.

16. Did you glass the board and what was that experience like? Yes I glassed this board as well as all the other finish work.

17. Where did you shape and glass your board? At my surfboard factory in Oceanside Ca.

18. What type of board do you want to make next? Metal / Aluminum

19. Having been doing this for 28 years, I still am stoked to build boards and challenge myself to build what others can’t. Foam, wood, and any other exotic material I can get my hands on. Check out my stuff at the next Sacred Craft show in San Diego in Oct.

No comments: